This course provides an introduction to the requirements and concepts behind the IFRS 3 approach to accounting for Business Combinations and the tax accounting implications of these.
The Business Combinations eLearning course begins with an introductory video and is then divided into five chapters:
- Introduction - An explanation of the meaning of Business Combinations under IFRS and an overview of some of the basic concepts involved. The chapter then explains the different forms of Business Combination you may encounter
- Allocation of the Purchase Price – A discussion of the division of the purchase price between tangible assets, intangible assets, deferred tax assets and liabilities and goodwill
- Intangible Assets – A description of intangible assets and the resulting deferred tax assets and liabilities that may arise
- Measurement Period Adjustments – This chapter considers when changes can and should be made to an acquisition balance sheet upon the receipt of new information
- Goodwill and Other Issues – This chapter describes how goodwill should be treated in a business combination and the resulting deferred tax considerations
The course concludes with a ‘Check Your Understanding’ section which allows the learner to test the concepts learned throughout the course and put his or her learning into practice.
This course is suitable for tax specialists who:
- Have a good understanding of the fundamentals of accounting for income taxes in accordance with the IAS 12 and wish to develop their knowledge further
- Would like to expand or refresh their knowledge of tax accounting issues that surround the recognition of deferred tax assets and liabilities in relation to Business Combinations, perhaps ahead of an event such as an acquisition or merger
- Work in a Group Tax function and have income tax reporting responsibilities
- Work elsewhere in the business, but have responsibility for reporting local entity tax results to Group Tax for inclusion in the consolidated financial statements
For further information about the course and its content, please contact Deloitte Store Customer Services by email (email@example.com
When you purchase a Deloitte eLearning course via the Deloitte Store you will receive three emails:
- Confirmation of your order. This is usually sent within 15 minutes of your order being placed.
- Details of how to access your course. This will be sent within one working day of your order being confirmed.
- A VAT invoice. This will be sent within ten working days of your order being confirmed.
These emails will be sent to the email address you have used to create your account on the Deloitte Store.
If you are purchasing a course for a colleague or friend, please ensure their email address is supplied in the "order notes" field at checkout. Deloitte Store Customer Services - firstname.lastname@example.org
- are always available to handle any queries or update an order after it has been placed.
Purchasing a course entitles a single user to access the course up to 25 times during a 365 day period. This license period begins once your account has been created and your account details have been emailed to you. Please contact Deloitte Store Customer Services - email@example.com
- if you have any queries regarding this.
Note: EU VAT Registered Business customers only.
If you are purchasing one of our eLearning courses from outside the UK, but within the EU and you are a VAT registered business, please email Deloitte Store Customer Services
before you purchase, to supply your VAT registration number. We will supply you with a VAT exemption coupon code to be applied at the checkout. You will then be required to account for VAT under the reverse charge procedure (Article 196 Council Directive 2006/112/EC).
For any other query, please contact Deloitte Store Customer Services
Deloitte eLearning courses run online within your web browser on the Deloitte Learning Technologies' Learning Management System (LMS)
The LMS runs on Windows and OS X based PCs running modern web browsers (Microsoft Internet Explorer v8.0 or later, Google Chrome v28.0 or later, Mozilla Firefox v27.0 or later and Apple Safari v6.0 or later).
It will also run on tablet devices including iPads and Android based devices however please check with the Deloitte Store Customer Service team -firstname.lastname@example.org
- that your particular course is tablet compatible.