Oil and Gas VAT School has been designed to provide an opportunity for tax and finance teams working in this sector to refresh and deepen their practical UK VAT knowledge.
During this workshop, we will cover the day to day UK VAT rules with particular focus on those that impact the oil and gas sector, including the:
- Basics concepts of UK VAT
- VAT Liability
- VAT Recovery
- Application of the place of supply rules, highlighting sector nuances
- Application of the North Sea Memorandum
- Developments and changes in the sector, i.e. decommissioning
- Awareness of other indirect taxes including Customs Duty and Insurance Premium Tax
We will also aim to answer frequently asked questions regarding sector specific issues such as:
- How to determine the place of supply in various scenarios including supplies made to offshore platforms
- What difference does it make to the VAT treatment if a platform is fixed or floating?
- How do the transfer of going concern rules apply to sales of businesses when assets are outside the 12 nautical mile limit?
The course is designed to be interactive, consisting of presentations, case studies and wider group discussions in order to maximise the learning experience.
Who should attend?
The Oil and Gas VAT school has been devised to develop participants in all practical aspects of UK VAT and to assist those with VAT responsibilities to be more effective through greater knowledge of relevant and practical issues.
This session is designed for anyone whose day to day role includes VAT, such as someone working in tax, finance or logistics, and who would like to sharpen their focus on VAT and understand more about how VAT operates within the oil and gas industry.
Course registration is at 9.30am, with the course commencing at 10am and finishing at 4.00pm. Lunch and coffee will be provided.
If you have any specific queries in regards to the course content or in general please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org