This intensive one day tax training course provides:
- A step-by-step guide on how to calculate current and deferred tax starting from basic principles under IFRS and how the it differs from the ‘timing difference’ approach
- A brief overview of the differences between IFRS and US GAAP
- The disclosures required under IFRS
- A detailed case study exercise putting the theory into practice
The course is facilitated by Deloitte specialists who bring their own tax accounting experiences to the training. It is a highly interactive session in which participants are encouraged to share their questions and experiences.
To gain the most from the course, a basic understanding of the generic (i.e. non-country specific) principles used to calculate corporate income tax is helpful but not essential. More about this can be learned by completing the Deloitte Introduction to Corporate Income Tax
eLearning course prior to attending.
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for those who:
- Are responsible for the preparation of tax accounting submissions to the Head Office for reporting units within a group
- Are a Financial Controller, Financial Director or otherwise responsible for tax disclosures and calculations but not directly responsible for their preparation
- Have limited or no knowledge of tax accounting and want to enhance your understanding of the underlying principles
If you have any specific queries in regards to the course content or in general please contact us at UKDeloitteTAT@deloitte.co.uk