This course provides an introduction to the basic underlying accounting concepts associated with share-based payments, and the associated deferred and current tax implications.
The course begins with an introductory video and is then divided into 3 chapters:
- Basic Principles – provides a brief introduction to some of the concepts that apply to share-based payments under IFRS
- Accounting for Current and Deferred Tax
– An explanation of how to account for current and deferred taxes that arise on share-based payments including the allocation of the tax expense between profit and loss, and equity
Impact of Effective Tax Rates – The last chapter explains how share-based payments may impact the effective tax rate
The course concludes with a ‘Check Your Understanding’ section which allows the user to test the concepts learned throughout the course and put his or her learning into practice.
This course is suitable for tax specialists who:
- Have a good understanding of the fundamentals of accounting for income taxes in accordance with IAS 12 and wish to develop their knowledge further
- Would like to expand or refresh their knowledge of tax accounting issues that are associated with share-based payments perhaps ahead of reporting deadlines or events
- Work in a Group Tax function and have income tax reporting responsibilities
- Work elsewhere in the business, but have responsibility for reporting local entity tax results to Group Tax for inclusion in the consolidated financial statements