This course provides an introduction to the tax accounting issues associated with cross border investments and transactions. This course explores topics such as deferred tax resulting from investments in subsidiary and associate entities, accounting for intercompany transactions, and potential tax accounting issues resulting from foreign exchange gains or losses.
The course begins with an introductory video and is then divided into four chapters
which explore the following topics in greater detail:
- Identifying and understanding the causes of temporary differences associated with investment in entities (often referred to as the ‘outside basis difference’ or deferred tax on ‘unremitted earnings’)
- Understanding the conditions under which deferred tax arising on ‘outside basis’ temporary differences is recognised;
- The effects of inter-company transactions on deferred tax balances and the subsequent impact on the effective tax rate
- Common tax accounting issues arising from foreign exchange gains or losses including recognition, translation and allocation of the related tax expense
The course concludes with a ‘Check Your Understanding’ section which allows the learner to test the concepts learned throughout the course and put his or her learning into practice.
This course is suitable for tax specialists who:
- Have a good understanding of the fundamentals of accounting for income taxes in accordance with the IAS 12 and wish to develop their knowledge further
- Would like to expand or refresh their knowledge of tax accounting issues which may arise in an international context
- Work in a Group Tax function and have income tax reporting responsibilities
- Work elsewhere in the business, but have responsibility for reporting local entity tax results to Group Tax for inclusion in the consolidated financial statements
For further information about the course and its content, please contact Deloitte Store Customer Services by email (firstname.lastname@example.org
When you purchase a Deloitte eLearning course via the Deloitte Store you will receive three emails:
- Confirmation of your order. This is usually sent within 15 minutes of your order being placed.
- Details of how to access your course. This will be sent within one working day of your order being confirmed.
- A VAT invoice. This will be sent within ten working days of your order being confirmed.
These emails will be sent to the email address you have used to create your account on the Deloitte Store.
If you are purchasing a course for a colleague or friend, please ensure their email address is supplied in the "order notes" field at checkout. Deloitte Store Customer Services - email@example.com
- are always available to handle any queries or update an order after it has been placed.
Purchasing a course entitles a single user to access the course up to 25 times during a 365 day period. This license period begins once your account has been created and your account details have been emailed to you. Please contact Deloitte Store Customer Services - firstname.lastname@example.org
- if you have any queries regarding this.
Note: EU VAT Registered Business customers only.
If you are purchasing one of our eLearning courses from outside the UK, but within the EU and you are a VAT registered business, please email Deloitte Store Customer Services
before you purchase, to supply your VAT registration number. We will supply you with a VAT exemption coupon code to be applied at the checkout. You will then be required to account for VAT under the reverse charge procedure (Article 196 Council Directive 2006/112/EC).
For any other query, please contact Deloitte Store Customer Services
Deloitte eLearning courses run online within your web browser on the Deloitte Learning Technologies' Learning Management System (LMS)
The LMS runs on Windows and OS X based PCs running modern web browsers (Microsoft Internet Explorer v8.0 or later, Google Chrome v28.0 or later, Mozilla Firefox v27.0 or later and Apple Safari v6.0 or later).
It will also run on tablet devices including iPads and Android based devices however please check with the Deloitte Store Customer Service team -email@example.com
- that your particular course is tablet compatible.